Welcome to KWIECO.org home of the Kilimanjaro Women Information Exchange and Community Organization (KWIECO). We are a non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Moshi, Tanzania and serving the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania. For over twenty years, we have worked to improve the condition of Human Rights and Gender in the area. Through our programs, we aim to reach as many marginalized people in need of our services as possible.
Browse information about our current programmes, history and plans for the future to create a community respectful of all peoples’ rights.
In this website you will find:
- Brief history about KWIECO.
- KWIECO implementation reports on Human Rights and Gender Equality in Kilimanjaro Region.
- Resources for victims of Human Rights violations or Gender discrimination. Information on your rights and what you can do.
- Resources for teachers, professionals, and students interested in promoting Human Rights.
- Resources for NGO’s and CBO’s to be trained in Human Rights and Gender Equality.
- Information about our existing donors and ways to donate for KWIECO activities.
- Contact information for KWIECO and its staff profiles.
- Events and news from KWIECO and its work in the community.
- Contact information of other important organizations involved with Protecting and Promoting Human Rights in Tanzania.
- Success stories and current challenges that KWIECO faces.
ENGLISH or KISWAHILI – The official language of Tanzanian courts remains English, some of the information on kwieco.org will soon be available in both English and Swahili in order to make it accessible to the majority of Tanzanians whom KWIECO serves.
Contact Us: Please feel free to contact us with any questions or contributions.
Our website is still under construction and we shall greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have. Ahsante sana!